NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying parts for your Classic!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Buying parts for your Classic!! Reply with quote

This is a bit of humor I received from my cousin
If it has never happened to you than you are in a minority'
Sometimes you just have to bite your tongue and smile through the frustration or ( loose your cool)

On a more personal note. I went into an O'Reilly Auto Parts the other day and asked for fan belts for my '72 Oldsmobile. The kid behind the counter asked what kind of car it was to which I replied "Oldsmobile". He said " Yeah but who makes it?" I said " Well General Motors used to but nobody makes it anymore". " But what brand is it'? I said" The brand is Oldsmobile". With a disgusted look he started looking and looking in his computer then he said " Oh, here it is, Oldsmobile" What model is it"? I said " Nintey-Eight". He said " Not the year, the model". By this time the old guy at the other end of the counter was cracking up. I said " The model is Nintey-Eight. The year is 1972". He said " Oh, OK, I found it". Then he looked and looked in his computer again and finally said " They don't list fan belts for this car all they list is V-belts". So I said " Ok, I'll take V-belts". And I left with V-belts. Though I must admit they run the fan on that car very well. And the alternator. And the power steering pump. I did save the old belts so the next time I need belts I can just take the old ones in with me and say "I need these".
Arlen

=

1957 Chevy BelAir
1949 Chevy Truck

Thought for the day-

Horsepower: "If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: