NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keller's Racist incident this last weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briney
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Keller's Racist incident this last weekend Reply with quote

A terrible and sad racist event happened at Keller’s this weekend.
Dallas Ft. Worth Impalas N Caprices DFW INC car club has held their monthly meets at Keller's Drive-In for the past 10 years.
As of May 29th, Keller’s no longer supports their club. Check out the video link, just copy and paste it into a web browser.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kz43ngikqa8g2r/Kellers.mp4?dl=0

I called Keller’s and asked about the event because I could not believe what I saw in the video. Kellers confirmed the incident and I was told that they will let car clubs come to their business, just not Mexican car clubs…
I have zero tolerance for racism and bigotry and will not support people and businesses who are. I recognize that the DACC is a car club made up of diversity and hope that other members would find this unacceptable as well.

I would suggest moving 8th Annual National Collector Car Appreciation Day, scheduled for July 14th to the Dairy-Ette at 9785 Ferguson Rd, Dallas, TX 75228.
They have been around since 1956 and have great burgers and homemade root beer. What do the others in the club think about the incident and the idea of moving the event?

Thoughts?

Patrick
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DACC Board of Directors is currently considering alternate locations for our July 14th Cruise In recognizing the 8th Annual National Collector Car Appreciation Day. We became aware of the changes at Keller's since the old man passed, and with that felt we would be wise to move the event location. You may have noticed the change on the online Calendar link on our website and the scrolling banner at top were changed a few days ago reflecting our desire to relocate the event. We will have an alternative venue determined in the next week or so and posted on the website, in the club email and of course in the monthly mailed newsletter.
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
Briney
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the change... Sounds like a club I am proud to be a part of.

Patrick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: