NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exhust Manifolds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not running Sanderson headers on my car, (I have Patriot headers which barely clear the new CPP power steering box but would be fine with a stock manual box), but I know of two in our club who are using Sanderson headers: Dean Schmidt and Bob Vaughan. In looking at their cars, there does not seem to be any issues with steering box clearance. You could get a hold of them or talk to Sanderson directly on their tech line. Does your car still have the frame horns for the bell housing mount? If so, that is something that needs to be factored into any decision regarding headers. I used to run Heddman headers on my car which were designed to go under the frame horns, but I nearly wore through them due to the headers dragging on the ground over even mild bumps. The Patriots and, I believe, the Sandersons go up under the frame, but require the removal of the frame horns. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. Larry
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking for headers for my 57 and have seen the Sanderson QP1000 on a number of tri-5's and they have more clearance than any others I have seen.
I don't think the frame horns will be a problem since they are the short, block huggers. http://www.sandersonheaders.com/pagesbypartnum/qp1000b.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: