NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motor Revs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dabees0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Motor Revs Reply with quote

I have a 55 2nd series truck with 383 and camaro front clip. Front disc rear drum setup.

Truck runs great but after a few minutes of driving, when I stop at a light or stop sign the motor starts revving up about 500rpm or more. Once I let off brake and start rolling it goes back to normal or if I put it in neutral it will settle down. It only does this when brake is applied.

Any thoughts or experience with this?
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a power brake booster? Look for a vacuum leak at the booster or a bad valve in the booster. Try temporairly plugging the vacuum line to the booster.
Dabees0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the response.

I do have a power brake booster. It’s a 7 inch single diaphragm which I would like to switch out for an 8 inch dual diaphragm

How can I check to see if there is a bad valve?
The hard part with this issue is that it only does it when I’m driving and then come to a stop. It hasn’t done it when car is in park so I don’t know if plugging the line will show me if it has a leak.
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will still have brakes when you plug the vacuum line to the booster. Just have to push harder.
Another possibility would be soft motor mounts causing the throttle linkage to change from the motor shifting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: