NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Story of Drag Racing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucky
Tri Five Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: The Story of Drag Racing Reply with quote

Very interesting video about drag racing history hosted by Dick Enberg. It's a bit long at 47+ minutes but there's some neat footage from back in the day.

https://youtu.be/WcslCXecPG8
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic video! Great footage of the drag racing legends back in the day! The Wally Parks interview was priceless.

Along that same line, here is a piece done for network television back in the early 70's featuring the 1970 NHRA World Finals at Dallas Intl Motor Speedway called 'For Love Or Money'. This is a great professionally produced video that highlights the sport at a great time in it's history and in our own backyard! The track was located in Lewisville on the east side of I-35E at the Hebron/Round Grove Road exit. The track only survived 4 years but made it's mark. This video hits home for me because this was the first big drag race I ever attended when my father took me. Of course I had a camera in my hand and with this video and my pictures, it preserves a special time for me.

https://youtu.be/PWBRivdS998
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
lucky
Tri Five Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice footage!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: