NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings Members

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Preston
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club and to the chat room.

You and your son will always treasure this time together in the garage.
I'm currently showing my older son's 1956 Nomad. We built it together when he was 14. He drove it through high school and eventually wrecked it at age 21. It sat a lot of years (as yours has). He's raising a family now and building a business in Arizona. I restored it again and am enjoying the car and the memories we have from the 70's.

My younger son, who was living nearby, worked many hours with me on the current restoration, so it's been a real family project bringing us together for 35 years.

There's lots of help and encouragement in this club. I'm retired. Call me and we'll talk about your project. (405) 412-0502

http://dallasclassicchevy.com/FeatureCar0411Preston.htm
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to DACC. Looking forward to meeting you at the Lone Star Convention, if not sooner. There seems to be a lot of confusion about the Disc Brake/Spindle offset of the tires. Apparently, if they are offset too much, you have to have different backspaceing on the wheels, to keep from rubbing the fenders on turns. Here is a link that provides some more information but more confusion also???? http://tri-5.chevyrides.com/dropspindles.php I would recomend the drop spindles at the same time, since a lot of the spindles and brackets for stock spindles use different calipers and rotors.

Don
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to DACC. 76 was a great year to graduate (my year to graduate also)

My car when I was a senior. I wanted a 57 but living in the rust belt there were none left, well in my price range anyway.

I just completed new a-arm bushings myself this week.

I look forward to seeing you at our events.

We have a variety of events which makes DACC a great outlet for enjoying your car. I personally enjoy the trips like we will soon take to Athens and the drag racing. I would like the car shows more if my car was not such a beater.

Most of all, being a member of DACC gives you the chance to just to be with people that like and like to talk about cars.

Alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: