NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

motor 265 mount?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: motor 265 mount? Reply with quote

I had a motor put in years ago and asked for a 350. I think the block is a 1955 265 that is what the numbers on the front say "Y55". I hade the hole car done and did not notice. My question is would a 1955 265 have holes for side motor mounts? This block does. The dip stick is on the driver side.
Thanks, I know I ask alot of questions and thank you for your help.
Tom
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a '55 block will not have side mount holes
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: what is this thing Reply with quote

What is this thing?
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: 265 Reply with quote

It is a spin, on the driver side. No pvc I put an eddelbrock C4B on years ago. It has front mounts with a t350 trans with the frame member and it is mounted with tabs at trans and block. The reson I question it is the numbers on the front at the heads is 04 8983 9T55Y it also has 265-283 heads with old bolt holes. It also has 1955 balancer. I had the work done in 1987-88. I was 15 and saved all my money from my small job I had, now I am 33. Ray Truvathen did the work he was in the club at the time. Thank you.
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The casting number on the back of the block will tell what the engine came from.

Find the casting # and then go to
http://www.mortec.com/castnum.htm and look up that number. The number stamped on the front of the block may have been taken off the old block and stamped on the new block. In 1955/56 the engine number was used as the idification number on the title. Does your title have the engine number on it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: