NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Shop to rebuild 10 bolt rear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Good Shop to rebuild 10 bolt rear Reply with quote

Can any one recommend a shop not far from the Lewisville area, that I can take my 57 in to have the 10 bolt rear worked on? I have a leaking axle seal on one side. I would like to have the seals redone along with having a posi track unit, put in as well. If I can afford it I should get some better axles also.
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alan. Have you found your rearend guy? I talked to a guy yesterday who can do it. He will be joing the club soon. He will also be joining us on the Texoma run. He has a "famous" 4-door 56 station wagon that was featured on the Hot Rod Power Tour web site. A total rust bucket with a Caprice police car undercarriage and power train. A very cool guy.

If you go Sunday, you will meet him.

John.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool ,I read about him and his car. I plan on going. I am going to wimp out and drive my 1980 Citation because it has AC and that my 57's water pump just went out Evil or Very Mad I look forward to meeting him and talking to him about options for my 10 bolt.
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they are not in the Lesisville area, but I have had several jobs, including reworking the 10 bolt in my '57' done by Standard Transmission of Fort Worth. Good guys and good work. Larry Rollow
TexHard10
210 Series

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get all of the parts you need from Randy's Ring and Pinion in California. I got my parts from them and did it myself.......
Good luck, Greg
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Greg how did you do at the GG show? I walked so much and my feet hurt so bad I never made it back to see you before I left. Sorry.

I have had to put my 57 hobby or the rebuilding side on the back burner for a while. I have bought into a deer lease for this winter. A little diversion cars or absence will make the heart grow fonder. Maybe in a year if I don't find a good 12 bolt I can talk you into putting in the parts for me.

Alan
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: What year to look for Reply with quote

I don't know a shop but what year 10 bolt to look for?
belairvette
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: REAR END Reply with quote

Try Calvert Automotive in Denton.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: