NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone besides me going on the Power Tour?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nealb
210 Series

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Anyone besides me going on the Power Tour? Reply with quote

starts next Saturday in Orlando
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were only 10 days later Sad I don't have vacation until 6/19. Are you going?
nealb
210 Series

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, leaving tomorrow to go to our FL condo near Orlando for a few days

then the Long Haul to NJ
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck and enjoy yourself. I would love it if you could post some photos and/or update us on your exploites. Alan
nealb
210 Series

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update. Not the experience I wanted this year.

Trailered the car to Florida, then drove it to Orlando (50 miles) and signed in on Saturday and went to the first day’s event at the Orlando Convention Center. A nice site and lots of neat stuff.

But, went home Saturday evening to attend a high school reunion event and when we arrived discovered coolant pouring out.

Radiator split where the top tank joins the core and there was no fixing it until sometime Monday.

So rather than staying in FL and pouting for a week, we put the sticker on the Lexus and left Sun morning as planned.

Not at all the same driving that as the 56 so we didn’t do the Long Haul this year. Stopped in NC and went and visited relatives.

I guess since we weren’t in a classic car, I really noticed how many non-classic cars there were this year. And how many trailered cars that unloaded only at the show venues.

Next year the Tour is starting June 2 in Cleveland OH and terminating in Little Rock via Kalamazoo MI, Racine WI, Springfield IL and two other unknown spots.

Anyone interested in convoying next year? We plan to go again.

Took a couple hundred photos and will combine with more taken by a friend.

Ordered a new Griffin aluminum direct fit radiator and will install when we return to TX next week.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.. sorry things didnt work out like planned.. sure had to be a dissapointment! ..

I have seen alot of comments about the lack of real hot rods, old cars etc on the Tour, seems like alot of late model cars, pickups, ricers and such .. maybe they need to take control of the Power Tour and limit it to 1971 and back or something and get this deal back to what it is meant to be ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: