NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New drum Master conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: New drum Master conversion Reply with quote

I don't have the money for disk now can I put a duel master on my drums and what do I need? I don't have power. Would I need new line for front or could I block it off and add a line for the back? I know it is not the best setup but could I do it. Thanks
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switching over to a dual master cylinder while still using the original brakes is fairly easy. All you really need to do is get an appropriate master cylinder, I would sugest one with the same diameter as the original, which, I believe, is one inch. Then you must do some work to the brakes lines. A proportional valve is not needed since you are retaining the original 4 wheel drum brakes. Generaly speaking, the rear master cylinder port will go to the rear brakes and the front port will go to the front brakes. So you will have to run some new lines and get a Tee fitting to split the front port line into two lines, one for the left and one for the right. depending on how you choose to run the lines, you may also have to plug off one of the lines where the lines split off between front and rear. Good luck, Larry Rollow, DACC tech coodinator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: