NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cecil County Dragway, Vintage Drag footage from the mid 60's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Cecil County Dragway, Vintage Drag footage from the mid 60's Reply with quote

I just recently received a DVD purchase that is a recapture of what appears to be super 8mm film preservation of a lot of 55-57's in drag competition at Cecil County Dragway. The historical importance is it has other notable icons of drag racing in their early vintage iron. To name 2 Jenkins in his red Chevy II A stocker and the Sox and Martin injected car. How about the Monster Mash 55 Chevy, it's in there. All of this stuff plus more I had only seen in mags back in the mid 60's.
The producer James Amos did a credible job of dubbing sound and introducing the viewer to the cars and their notariety for the era.
But the really great part is all the 55-57's in competition. All kinds of tri-fives in all the door slammer classes for the era, stockers, modified production, and gassers.
Jim does a good refresher course in explaining the stock and junior stock eliminator classes. Very educational for those interested in Jr stock tri-fives.
Look for it at www.beeonvideo.homestead.com
The DVD is titled "Run what you brung Cecil County"

Last edited by wheezer on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
rapid roy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: cecil county drag dvd Reply with quote

tom, i would greatly welcome more info on trying to get this dvd. i tried the site www.beeonline.net you provided and hit a dead end. any help would be great. thanks, rapid roy ps may i ask what you paid?
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the link was corrupt and has been corrected. Sorry.
Use:
www.beeonvideo.homestead.com
The order I placed was $15 per copy postage paid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: