NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electric fan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Electric fan? Reply with quote

I would like to get rid of my fan. I found a flex-a-lite 16" electric fan that puts out 2500 cfm 17amp. I will use as a pusher for now might move the radiator to 6 location later and use as a puller. Will this be enough fan? I have a 350 with 312 rwhp and no AC. I have a 17" flex fan and it does ok with no real trafic cant stay at a light to long or it gets to 200. How much CFM do you think a pully fan puts out. What would you do? Thanks
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 16 inch Summit fan mounted as a pusher in my car, but I also have a 16 inch engine driven fan mounted on a factory type clutch. My radiator is mouned in the 6 cylinder position so I have lots of room to work with. I do not know what the CFM of a factory fan is. I am considering doing as you want to, but if I do it, I will try to mount the elecric as a puller and try to incorporate it with my plastic fan shroud. Puller fans are more effecient than pushers. I would reccomend moving the radiator to the 6 cylinder postion. They only way to know is to try it and see if it works. In reality, you only need a fan when you are moving slowly. Once he car is moving, say 35 to 40, there should be enough air to cool the radiator. BTW, my car also has air conditioning and I have the electric fan wired to come on when the compressor kicks in. Lots of guys on Chevy Talk claim they only have an electric puller fan and say titworks fine. Good luck.
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: it works Reply with quote

I got my ZIRGO s blade fan pushes 2750 cfm works fine I have it set to go at 185 when it turns on it stayes at 185 slowly slowly slowly goes to 180. I got it off ebay for 60. Zirgo has one that does 3200 cfm would got that insted but this one works.
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: problem Reply with quote

I had a problem. It keeps the radiator cool but with so little air flow in the bay my carb and pump got so hot it boiled the gas and it would not run. I put the fan back on and no problem. Now with the radiator coved buy the fan it runs about 184-188 at 70mph. In trafic goes back to 180. I fixed one problem and created a new one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: