NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Drags, Fall 2006, 3 races

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Drags, Fall 2006, 3 races Reply with quote

Any member going to the up comming TMCCC drag race at Redline this weekend, Sunday, October 1st? Gates open 08:00.

Thereafter there are 2 more races every 2 weeks thereafter. One at the the Texas MotorPlex on Sunday October 15th and the last at Texas Raceway on Sunday October 29th when the gates again open at 09:00.

More info is available from the TMCCC website at http://www.tmccc.org/

Interested? Come out and support the Dallas Area Classic Chevy's racers. Better yet see what your TriFive drags in the cool Fall air. There are pleanty of classes for all cars at different speeds and elapsed times.

This is an all cars with doors race. Hence, all real cars, but no bikes or dragsters.

I plan to have a practice session is Friday either at Texas Raceway or I-35 Denton Dragway.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom and I went to Denton for a test and tune. Both of us had problems. I believe Tom had ignition problems. I broke my water pump.

I can't speak for Tom but for me it will be a 50/50 chance that I will be able to make Redline on Sunday.
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....I wish I had broke a water pump Friday night (last night)!! I have just today (Saturday) determined my ignition problems were really a leaking cylinder head gasket. Looks like I'm down for a short time.
But all the same I've stopped staying up all night to fix cars for the next day's race.....
Count me in for later.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch Tom. I put on a new pump today and all seems to be well. Looks like I'll be able to make it to the race. That is if the He** Bit*h does not break down on the way there.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My beginner luck jinks was broken after I won the “Street Muscle” elimination today.

My first race was with a kid in a rice rocket that had beaten me before. In that race he beat me out of the hole and I never made it up. Today, we got off even, so I pulled ahead of him and ran my race, and was even able to let off in the last 60 feet.

The next race was easy, because it was a bye. I also ran a 9:57 and I didn’t think I really stood on it? There was a 20 mph tail wind.

My final race I bog on the in the first 60 feet and chased Clint in his 82 red Vette. I couldn’t catch him but to my surprise, he broke out and I’m the winner!

This time I took a watch, I already have a jacket.

David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to GO Alan !!! Congrats!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: