NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GM RAM JET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tri Five Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: GM RAM JET Reply with quote

I would like to know if any club member has installed a ram jet engine or jam jet injection system there car. If so I would like some info.
greg-strader@yahoo.com
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one in my '56 Vette ..

mine is the later MEFI4 computer which provides a better air/fuel mixture, the earlier MEFI3 computers lacked a few things and those engines tend to run rich, I don't have alot of miles on mine as the car as spent more shop time than road time since the engine was put in but my experience has been good so far..

Ron Davis in the club has a Ramjet 350 in his '55 and has more road time..

also here is a excellent reference source for Ramjets
http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Discus/messages/3418/4500.html?1166411659

Arizone Speed and Marine makes a modified side intake FI system similar to the orginal '57 FI,
see it here http://www.azspeed.com/cofuinsy.html
belairvette
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: RAM JET 350 Reply with quote

I bought a new RAM JET 350 in '06. I've invested alot of money in it so far. I'm confident it will run great! I've made alot of changes to mine. See my '56's progress on www.cardomain.com under area57.
belairvette
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: RAM JET SIDE THROTTLE CONVERSION BY AZ SPD&MARINE Reply with quote

Arizona Speed and Marine has no provision for mounting an automatic transmission behind a Ram Jet 350. They will not help you in that regard. I had to research the fabrication for the throttle and kickdown for my 200 4R. I found photos from two other guys that had converted theirs and added an automatic trans but they were no help at all. When I took the fuel injection unit to Street&Performance(sales@hotrodlane.cc) in Mena, AR for chroming(they do the best chroming of anywhere and they do it in-house), James in their engine shop fabricated the best-looking setup never before seen on a Ram Jet. You can see examples of their work everywhere and especially in May 2006 CHEVY RUMBLE on their '57 Chevy and they did everything in-house except the interior. They don't build or work on customer's cars but they will help you with your project. Mark and Lisa Campbell and all their employees are good people. You can tour their facility anytime if you're a small group. It's just a day's roundtrip from N. Texas. Leave at 5A.M., arrive there at 9 to 10 AM. Best way to go is to Texarkana then north. Don't try it through Oklahoma unless you have no other choice-too many small highways and towns. C-YA! Ed
belairvette
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: RAM JET 350 Reply with quote

Forgot to mention-my RAM JET has been converted to side throttle like the old Vettes. Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: