NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll Call for the MotorPlex of 25 March 07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Roll Call for the MotorPlex of 25 March 07 Reply with quote

So who is interested in this event to attend to simply just watch or outright race? Let us know. We need both attendees and racers.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to be racing, I need to do a thing or two to my car and if not I will be a cheerleader ... always a good turnout at the quarter mile Motorplex!
orange56
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Motorplex Reply with quote

Plan on going and running. Also I did win first round of the losers bracket last sunday.
Kenneth Burton
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going.

I put in a new fuel pump maybe that will stop my top end power problems.

I checked the TMCC results page and DACC is 14 out of 34 clubs in the 4A class.

I am hoping for a big turn out of DACC members. It is much more fun when you have a group together at the races. I have done it solo and with a big group. The big group is much more fun!

Alan
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the event but only as a cheerleader .. still working on bugs with the vette .. but here are some photos from the event ..

Tom Walker's '57

Larry Epperson's '57

David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and here are a few 'non Tri Five' shots ...

NOTE - Paper plates still on the new Vette !

wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge event 2 for 2007 was presented mild temperatures (74F-80F) with a light southerly breeze at the the Texas Motorplex for one-quarter mile drag racing. This trophies only race event, that pits car clubs against car clubs is quite popular in these parts and has been going for several years. "Car Clubs" that means no bikes, or dragsters. Cars with doors drag against cars with doors, pretty simple and much more entertaining. Plus it's a lot more fun to see all the old nostalgia drag cars with current safety items going much faster than in their heyday.

The DACC had 2 members attend to race. Larry Epperson in his sharp red/white '57 4dr HT with his wife, son Tim with his charming wife a their 2 beautiful children. And then there was Tom Walker in his hold over 1970's era Jr Stocker wanabee '57 2dr HT. Alan Strong reported in at 07:00 as having a reoccurance of the last's race report's power loss as he was driving out to the Motorplex. Consequently, Alan headed back to safer havens and therefore was visibily missed at the event. With fewer attendees there were left over donuts at noon time to this author's chagrin. In the form of membership crew and support we had El Presidente David Graves with his camera.

Time trials were a challenge in and of themself. Walker did less than stellar both chances as this was his first time out this year. Larry was quite pleased as he showed us how '57 4 dr HT's should run. Try the 13 second index. All this in street tire trim, through the mufflers, and only motor ( that last part is lingo for no N2O).

Round one competition had Walker race first. The big red eye (red light) finished his quest to compete. Then Epperson had difficulties too as the trans fill tube pulled out of the tranny in his red '57 spitting some fluid. Little did all of us understand this was a precurssor to more trouble later for Larry's '57.

So that set the 2 DACC racers to represent the club the the "Race of Champions event". Walker beat out his opponent in the first round. Then Epperson reported a really bad noise in his car and pulled off the start line and returned to the pits area. Round 2 of the race of champions (consolation race) had Walker loose to an 11 second bomb of a Pontiac.

Back in the pits it was finally determined the Epperson tranny was toast. Larry, son Tim, wives and kids all departed for home in due time with the red '57 on a trailer.

The next TMCCC race is out of town so those of us interested stay in contact. Otherwise next Fall the races will be back in DFW to finish up.

Thanks to El Presidente for the photos.
Tim Epperson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Races Reply with quote

We enjoyed the event today as spectators, hope to be back on the track next time! Glad to be home, safe & sound!
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge - Ennis Reply with quote

I/we had a great time. Rain held off & was very pleasant. Wish we would of had a larger turn-out but Tom & I gave it our best. Had a great run so the transmission problem, split case, was kinda overlooked. Just one of those things that happens. We'll fix it & get back on the road as soon as possible. This is just a great group of people racing for fun? and having good fellowship. Fast or slow it really doesn't matter the overall winner was very slow but won.
Look forward to the future events.
??Do ya think my car number had anything to do with my problems?
....666-DC on a Sunday?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: