NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kirstie's 55 Chevy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirstie's55
Tri Five Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Kirstie's 55 Chevy Reply with quote

Hello board,

My daughter is 14 and her mother and I asked her what kind of car she wanted. She said Grandpa's old car. My dad has a 55 210 4-door behind his garage. He gave it to her. Well now, I have to fix up a car. It will be a total restoration. It has the original V8 and auto transmission. The body is in good shape.
I was wanting to put power steering on it and disk front brakes to make it safer. Do any of you have any good ideas to help me out?

Ain't it cool that young people like cassic cars.

Help me please.
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the DACC forum. There are a lot of kits available that have everything you need except the brake line plumbing, or you can buy the caliper brackets and get everything else at the local auto parts store. Most of the tri-5 vendors ( Stoked Out, H & H Classics, Danchuk, Ekler's,) have the kits, or try E-bay for a complete kit. Also, the newer style power steering boxes (refered to as 670, 500, 600) seem to be perferred over the old 605 boxes, because they give better road feel. The steering column has to be modified or replaced with a aftermarket tilt column with the power steering boxes.
Sorry, but I bought the disc brake set up from AJ76092 and his sway bars are new and complete.
Bill Preston
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option is to put rack and pinion steering on it which gives good road feel and drivability. Kits are available from Classic Chevy and other places. That's what I'm running on my '56

Call me anytime and we can talk about what you need to do and get a lot of advice and some help.

972-691-4968
cell 405-412-0502
kirstie's55
Tri Five Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help.

Anything you can come up with would be appreciated.

Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: