NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my kid ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: my kid ... Reply with quote

Dad bragging some here .. my son Chris is finishing up college but has found time to work for a couple of the top drag racing teams recently ...

here is a winners shot from this year's first IHRA race in San Antonio, Dale Creasy is the defending IHRA Funny Car champ and won the race, Chris will be working the entire IHRA circuit with Creasy in '07, great start! Chris is third from the left ..

last year Chris traveled with Tony Pedregon's team all summer working and when fall school started back up he flew in for the remainder of the races and worked, his first race with the team in the summer of '06 was at St Louis and they won! here is a winner's photo with Tony, and Chris' buddy Alex on the left and Chris is on the right ...

Pretty good way earn spending money while in college !
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the team has done really well this year on the IHRA side, won a few races, this one recently in Canada and they now have a nice points lead for the championship !

57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to a proud papa! I'm glad your son finished college. I'm in the education business and I am always impress and proud of those who finish the ordeal. Plus I'm am jealous he gets to hand with the top fuel guys.

Alan
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the season is done and over... what a year! my son Chris and the Dale Creasy Jr crew won the IHRA Fuel Funny Car World Championship by a nice margin for the second year in a row! They won IHRA National event races in San Antonio, Tulsa, Grand Bend-Canada, Epping - New Hamshire, Toronto, and Detroit .. Chris plans to finish college in the spring of '08 and will work for Creasy next year in hopes of making it 3 championships in a row !

my son's former employer Tony Pedregon took this year's NHRA Fuel Funny Car Powerade World Championship so it was a eventful year! Tony's wins in Dallas and Vegas were key in capturing this year's 'Countdown to the Champion' ..
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: My Son Reply with quote

David, congratulations on having your son help with the college!!! ..and like Alan I wishI could work or be part of a funny car crew! Better than working at Wal-mart! It must be an unbelievable experience to work with the best and get to see how pro's think and work under extreme pressure.

P.S.
We missed Sunday's meeting due to chasing the flu bug and yes, we caught it!! better now but it was a 'good one'
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda of an extension of this thread .. Tony Pedregon had a little issue at the first race of 2008 in Pomona, not the best way to start a title defense ..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23125354/
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: drag race Reply with quote

....a "LITTLE PROBLEM" Boy, David I'd hate to see what you call a BIG problem. Just saw an interview, internet, with Tony. Second degree burns on his right hand seems to all thats wrong will have to go to a push brake like the Force tem.

HE'S A LUCKY MAN!!

...AND SURVIVED A FORCE KISS'.

Pretty emotional scene.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats to the kid and team Creasy for getting their first win of '08 and taking the points lead at the same time in IHRA competition this weekend ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: