NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SCCA Road Rally - Saturday Sept 29th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: SCCA Road Rally - Saturday Sept 29th Reply with quote

The Texas Region SCCA RoadRally series will hold event #6 this year on Saturday Sept 29th and DACC members are encouraged to participate. This event is a competitive driving event in the streets of the metroplex, where the competition is measured by how well a team of at least two people in a car can read a map then followed by driving the route you determine. Scoring will be based on how closely you follow the predicted route. This event gets underway with registration ($35 per car) from 9am to 10am, then followed with the driving competition. There will be a series of checkpoints to drive to, taking 30-45 minutes each and the entire event should take about 4 hours, all driving will be 'in town'. Each entry requires: Licensed driver with proof of auto insurance • A navigator • A clipboard or other hard writing surface • Pen or pencil. Entrants will be given a genuine Mapsco map and a set of rules. Using these rules, you will determine the proper route on the map, and then drive that route. You will note certain landmarks along the route to verify that you went the correct way. NO PREVIOUS RALLY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED! If DACC has enough participants, we will create a 'Team' and that team will also compete in the 'Team Competition'. Awards will be given at the end. The event gets underway with Registration from 9am to 10am at the event sponsor's location - Mapsco Map and Travel Center on Preston at Forest Ln in Dallas. More information at http://www.texasscca.org/DMR07flyer.pdf

To get an idea of who may participate from the club, please respond here with a reply so that we can have an idea if we can create a 'Team' for the 'Team Competition' part of the Rally.

I plan to particpate so come and join me!
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone joining me ?
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested but I don't have a navagator.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or I could be someone's navagator?
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David did you get to go? If so, please share any photos or thought/feelings of the event.

I thought of making my wife be my navigator but I don't want to get a divorce yet, too expensive! (Long Story)
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nayy .. didnt go, would have if some others were going but I had some other things I 'needed' to do so I did those instead .. hopefully the SCCA will do it again as it seems like a fun activity to do with the car ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: