NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMCCC Drag Race Results - Texas Raceway Oct 28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: TMCCC Drag Race Results - Texas Raceway Oct 28 Reply with quote

This was the final race of 2007 for the Tx Muscle Car Club Challenge Series, held at Kennedale's Texas Raceway. The 1/8 mile strip turned into a productive day for some of the DACC contingent. Tom Walker took his '57 Bel Air to the third round before losing, Dennis Gormley went out early in his '55 210 sedan after round one, Alan Strong red lite barely in Round one and went out early with his '57 150 sedan, I got very fortunate and took my '56 Vette to the final in my class and won (5 rounds of racing!) then went to the special 'Big Dog' race (for all the class winners at all of 2007 races and by winning at this race I qualified) and in the 'Big Dog' race I went to the final before red lighting big time and runner upped! Also prospective member James Carson took his '57 Bel Air to the final of his class and won! The weather was perfect and made for a great day at the strip... below are some photos -

Another BIG turnout of muscle cars at the Muscle Car Drags!

Camp DACC at Kennedale complete with donuts by Tom Walker

Larry Benson of Plano is a former club member and is one of the heavy hitters with his '57 Corvette race car

The DACC group swapping stories as Dennis Gormley waits to run

Tom Walker improved this week with a better running combo from the previous week in Ennis

James Carson took his class win in his '57 Bel Air hardtop

There is lots to smell, see and hear at the drags!

James Carson with his Class Win trophy

My Class Win trophy

There is the rain out race at Redline Raceway in Caddo Mills on Nov 4th where they will pick up at round 2, Dennis Gormley and myself won round one before the rains hit several weeks ago at this race , best of luck to Dennis as he will carry the mail for DACC! ( I will be unable to attend ) We look forward to 2008 !

Last edited by David Graves on Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the winners! Wish I could have been there. Larry
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: drags Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WINNERS AND ALL ARE WINNERS!
SORRY, I COULDN'T BE THERE...MAKING PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR!!
Great to see familiar faces in the winners circle!
Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: