NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Texas Thaw
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black 55

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time, car went 7.24 on street tires, pump gas, thru the mufflers. I was outgunned by a long shot in A Gas though. lol Jim

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o31/Black-55/

www.texasoutsiders.com
www.texasthunderperformance.com
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a blast. Thanks all for the great photos and video. David did me a great favor by filming some races with my camera. I'm still trying to figure out how I got a lower ET and faster MPH and still lost to some guy in a flamed 57. Haha. Well, if I'm going to lose to someone, I'd rather it be a fellow DACC member. Way to go, Alan. I'm still reletavely inexperienced at this racing thing but I'm getting better. I need to learn to ease off the gas pedal when the light turns green. I sit there and spin tires without moving while my opponent takes off. Maybe a tubbed rear end and 12-15 inch tires is in my future. I definately need more practice. My best time of the day was 9.1 and my best speed was 80.09. I don't know how good that is but it gives me something to beat in the future. Did you folks check out that trophy? It weighs a ton. I just don't know what to do with it. Hmmmmm.... maybe ebay.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our own Dennis Gormley had the fortunate company of videographers at the Thaw, these guys have done work for network TV with Nascar and the like I understand, they have a creative eye and the equipment to get the results, under the Multimedia link on the club website you will find the first of what hopefully will be several videos to come from the event, great in car camera shots of Dennis along with alot of the other action at Denton .. link here http://www.dallasclassicchevy.com/ChevyMultimedia.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: