NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Rear Leaf Springs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: New Rear Leaf Springs Reply with quote

I have installed new front end bushings, front disc brakes (stock spindles) and new front springs. Can anyone advise as to whether the "new" 4 leaf rear leaf springs from say Danchuk will bring the rear end up slightly from where the old original springs let it set? Would the 5 leaf springs for wagons be too stiff or high? Does anyone know what "heights" the new 4 or 5 "leaf" springs will set the car at? Currently, I still have the original rear end in it. I would like for the rear end to be slightly higher that the front.
Thanks as usuall for your input,
Jody Confused
Irv
210 Series

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody,

I replaced the rear springs in my 55 sedan with the new 4 leaf springs and it perked up the rear just enough from the old worn out originals to give it that slightly raised look and I am using disc brakes on the front with standard spindles. For measurements, go to trifive.com and you should be able to find what you are looking for. It is a great source for any information for our great old cars. Good luck!

Irv
Lufkin, TX
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: springs Reply with quote

Contact Classic Parts of Arlington, Richard Holland, for your springs. I purchase my springs from him and didn't like the first set so he gave me another set to see if they worked which they did and this set is what I have now.

817/274-1957

Richard will work wth you and local.

Larry
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Irv & Larry for your replies. I'll check out both sources.
Jody
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Springs Installed Reply with quote

Ok Guys! Here's what I ended up doing. I went ahead with the 5 leaf springs and they set the height at the rear just where I wanted it. The top of the fender well is level with the top of the wheel rim. This gives it a slight rake. The ride isn't bad either...not to stiff. I actually rode in the rear while my son drove the other night. I got the springs from Weaver Spring & Brake Inc. in Hutchins, Tx. Close enough to drive and pick up. They were priced at $110.00 each.
We'll see yall out there,
Jody
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: