NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dennis Lind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Dennis Lind Reply with quote

Don't know if I ever met Dennis in the 2 years I've been in the club but is certainly my loss. Reading his 'Feature Car' review makes him a true
'TRI-FIVE' guy and a real 'CAR CRAZY' person. It's worth a 're-read'! The club and anyone who loves these cars has lost a true car guy.
Keep his family in your prayers as they go through this difficult times.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis was a true hardcore car guy and his story on his '57 is priceless. I ran into Dennis a couple of years ago at the NHRA Fall Nationals at the Motorplex in Ennis, even though he was very sick at the time he got himself there to enjoy the races, and last month at our Reliable Show I spoke to Dennis there as he did what he had to do to get out and see the Chevys.. he will be missed.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had spoken to Dennis at length about his rebuild. He was proud of his car and enjoyed it very much. My condolences to his family. I agree with Bill Dennis will be missed.
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me offer my condolences to the Lind family. I always enjoyed listening to Dennis' stories and asking him about his beautiful black '57. He will be remembered as a fine fellow who hung in until the end. That's spirit! Sometime life is too short.
Bill Preston
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis Raymond Lind, born April 20, 1942, in Chicago, Ill., passed away on April 13, 2008, in Cross Roads, Texas, after a two-year battle with cancer. Dennis was a long time resident of Richmond, Ill., and graduate of Richmond Burton High School. He served in the U.S. Navy and later earned his degree from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Ill. He enjoyed a long and successful career with General Electric Co. and retired in 1996.

He is survived by his wife Phyllis (Nyboer) Lind, one brother, Ted Lind of Lombard, Ill., and mother Elsie Steadman of Atlanta, Ga. As well as best friends, Sonny and Connie Seelhorst and Goddaughter, Courtney Seelhorst of Plano, Texas.

Arrangements were under the direction of Slay Memorial Funeral Center, Aubrey, Texas. No services are planned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: