NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fall 08 Series of the Muscle Car Club Challenge drag events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Fall 08 Series of the Muscle Car Club Challenge drag events Reply with quote

Now is the time to start preparing for the Fall 08 Texas Muscle Car Club Fall 08 drag race series. There are 4 races remaining in the 2008 season all local to DFW. Remember TriFives started the muscle car generation back in 1955 and it's apppropriate that legacy be prepetuated today in the TMCCC drag race events this Fall in North Texas. With all that said, it's important that newer participants understand the strain these new Big Inch small blocks can induce on their drive lines if they have them. If your car is a pure stocker forget that last line but most are not 265's or 283's today. So....ask for a drive-line review from some one like David Graves or his apointte who has a lot of experience on high performance driveline reliability in the TriFive. The last thing we want is a club member breaking something that was totally preventable. And believe me all breakage is preventable in TriFives whether on the road or drag strip. The next race is Saturday AM, 6 September at the big 1/4 mile strip at the Texas MotorPlex. Again if there are driveline questions we will offer you the most experience to drive out and back home without problems. Who's interested? and who needs a review? Let us know. And lastly, whos interested in racing?
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I have to admit I am retiring from racing. My old car is just too frail to be put to such abuse. I have had problems of one sort or another, mild to major, 7 of the last 8 time I have gone out. I just don't have the money, time or inclination to keep up with the mechanic work to keep racing. I am going to put the old girl out to pasture as a street cruiser.

Hopefully, some day I will be able to buy a dedicated race car with a automatic transmission that I can tow to and from the track. Something with a little more giddy-up.

I will truly miss racing. I really enjoyed the thrill, competition and comradery. These few years fulfilled a life long dream and make me yearn for more.

Alan
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alan....Some of us are needing drivers for our tri-fives that are drag racing. Would you be interested in driving another member's car at the TMCCC events?
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Alan doesn't come through for you, let me know.. I will drive for less money ! .. looks like my ride will be in the shop for some work I need to get done ..
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

results ??
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sick and could not make it.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't go but instead went to the Warbird parade at the Lancaster Airport. I saw Greg and his son, they were showing Greg's 55. I also saw Dan's gray 57 but no Dan. On the way home I went to the Invasion car show to see all the 50's rods and tattoos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: