NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aligning Bellhousing - Who can help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GUS
150 series

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Aligning Bellhousing - Who can help? Reply with quote

Hello,

I've got a Tremec TKO and Lakewood bellhousing and I need to make
sure the bellhousing is aligned correctly.

Anybody know of a shop/individual in the Dallas/FW area that can help with this?
I know I can probably do it but just want to make sure it is right.
I live in the Plano/Allen/McKinney area.

Thanks,

GS
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello: I used to have the same set up in my car that you are doing. I did the bell housing alignment myself using a dial indicator. I found that it was a little off, so I purchased an offset dowel pin set from Summit Racing and that solved the problem. I have had some work done by Standard Transmissions of Fort Worth and found them to be very good. I know that is not nearby, but it is the only place I know of. Larry Rollow, DACC tech advisor.
GUS
150 series

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry,

Thanks for the advice. I bought the Tremec from Standard but didn't even think about them for aligning the bellhousing.
It is a long way over there, but I might need to do it if I can't find
anyone closer. I wasn't crazy about my sales guy over there but I've heard Standard does good work.

It should be pretty easy to transport because I just modified a small rolling stand to support the engine and leave the bellhousing area exposed.

I'm going to look over the Lakewood alignment instructions one more time
and might try giving it a shot.

If that doesn't work out, how much will you charge to help me line it up? Very Happy
I can bring it to you or I have a nice, clean, well lit garage.
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help you do the job, but I will be out of town extensively during September. Give me a call and we can talk about it. 972 960 1408
GUS
150 series

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you a call.

No hurry, September is a busy month for me, too.

Thanks!

GS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: