NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Denton TMCCC Drags Sun 9/20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Denton TMCCC Drags Sun 9/20 Reply with quote

ok we got rained out last Sunday at the Plex, now to Northstar Dragway - who is in? I will be there to get in the way, Dennis Gormley and Billy Walker are in with their '55's .. who else?

track website http://www.northstar-dragway.com/
TMCCC website http://www.tmccc.org/
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barring a Company callout, I'll be there with car motor carb changes that will improve the solution to solve the original '57 283/270hp dual quad setup. So far it's a 12.60 @ 105mph 3700 pound 57 Chevy car in the 1/4 mile. I love it !! For the 1/8 mile its 8.0 sec @ 86.5 mph. The old stuff is powerfull!!
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Denton Reply with quote

I plan on being there. Let's hope the rain holds off both Saturday & Sunday.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we had 5 members at Denton representing 'Team DC', Dennis Gormley, Tom Walker, James Carson, Ken Burton and Larry Epperson, and out of that bunch only one guy got out of R1 with a win, Ken Burton took his '56 Sedan all the way to the semi finals in his class so congrats to Ken! ... Dennis discovered what the sky looked like from inside his '55 in Time Trial #1 when his '55 launched into a significant wheelstand that had him smiling from ear to ear!, Tom managed to keep a smile in spite of breaking a ring and pinion in his R1 lost but hopes to be ready for the next race on Sunday Oct 18th at Texas Raceway in Kennedale, Ken doesn't smile alot but I am pretty sure he was happy with his semi final finish, James was a little down because his LS1 powered '57 just wasn't running up to his expectations and Larry with his pickup was just happy to be there running in spite of losing in R1 .. all in all it was a great day of racing for the Tri FIve group, photos will be linked here as soon as I get them all and hope to see a big turnout for DACC in Kennedale next month!
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis Gormley

Tom Walker

Kenneth Burton

James Carson

Larry Epperson

Camp DACC

This was Dennis BEFORE the wheelie, you should have seen his smile afterwards!

Waiting to run

Tom's 283/270HP dual quad that he has been playing with

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: