NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annual Texas Nostalgia Nationals @ Yello Belly Dragstrip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Annual Texas Nostalgia Nationals @ Yello Belly Dragstrip Reply with quote

Anyone have any info on the "Annual Texas Nostalgia Nationals @ Yello Belly Dragstrip Dallas TX" event?
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's in May ..

http://www.texasnostalgianationals.com/

there are some places that are nostalgic and cool, some that are simply 'past the line' .. Yello Belly is far past the line .. guns, knives, drugs, spectators on the track, no track prep - the list could go on ..

the track is one of the oldest in the US still in operation, never been sanctioned by anyone, located on a unincorporated plot of land just east of West Dallas so the law is the Dallas County Sheriff (meaning VERY slow response time to anything that occurs there) ..

I know that the current owners have attempted to improve a 50 year + image over the past year or so, to the point of trying to run off the 'regulars' who migrated to Texas Raceway in Kennedale on Friday nights, (giving that track the nickname 'Kennabelly') .. but I don't think you can change such a reputation ..

this is a 'go at your own risk' track .. (won't see me there!) ..
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: yello belly Reply with quote

Tim went there 2 years ago and will never go again felt like he was fleeing for his life. Not a safe place.
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...How about people telling us their favorite Yello Belly trip story....well maybe that's not such a good idea this is a family website.
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to go there all the time. I remember racing my dad's new 55 Chevy station wagon against a friends 55 Ford before I got my 55 Chevy. I used to take the fan belt and air cleaner off my 55, before the race and put them in the trunk. I think it added traction as much as it helped horsepower. Smile
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Yellow Belly story however, I've done the air cleaner trick myself. LOL I never took off the fan belt but I one time took off the nonclutch fan on my 69 Chevelle. I thought it helped, but then again I was 18 at the time. A lot of wasted time, as it turned out. My buddy still whooped me in his 68 Chevelle sporting a 327 engine. No mater what I tried I could never get a 307 to be even halfway fast. When I was a kid I never went to a drag strip. My parents didn't think it was safe. So, I just raced on the Illinois black top instead. Who was the smart one?

Here I am in front of the vehicale in question.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's not the right picture Alan, that guy is too good looking to be you ..
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: picture Reply with quote

.......like those 'BELL BOTTOM' jeans Alan!!
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Yellowbelly stories Reply with quote

I actually took a High School date out there one night in my Mom's 63 Chrysler 300. The crowd jeered me when I woudn't race, we barely escaped and the girl wouldn't talk to me again, for some reason.
I had two H/S buddies killed there when they were run over, several injured when they ran off the end of the strip.

Definetly not your family oriented race track.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: